Skip to main content


Coming to the Miniscalchi-Erizzo family in the early 1920s, following a series of hereditary events, the collection remained on display until 1945 in the current Room of the fireplace (Sala del Camino), which, was at the time, commonly known as the "Gallery of weapons".

The collection now present in the Museum's armoury consists of several examples of defensive sidearms both supported and for target shooting which are datable between the first half of the fifteenth century and the early seventeenth century and does not include the numerous nineteenth-century falsifications, also part of the original nucleus of the collection which arrived in Palazzo Miniscalchi, and of which in the two ornamental suits of armour present along the grand staircase remain as testimony.